Random objects in TB
Governor Burrell’s statue of himself in his garden bears an uncanny similarity to the old Lenin statues found in Eastern Europe as the one above from Csepel, Memento Park in Budapest (-picture from wiki). Is the resemblance just to remind us of dictatorships or is there another reason for choosing this look as it seems unlikely a modern American politician would have anything in common with Lenin but when you scratch the surface, you find all sorts of things that you’ve never heard about, like the Decossackization.
The Decossackization between 1917 and 1933 was aimed at the elimination of the Cossacks as a separate ethnic, political, and economic entity and was initiated by Lenin as he saw them as a military threat. It is also very similar to how Nazi-Germany then acted against the Jewish population and how TB’s governor Burrell acts against the vampires.
And let me just add that having a statue of yourself in the garden is kind of OTT if you ask me.
- midnight828 reblogged this from stillhidden
- midnight828 likes this
- skarsgardianangel likes this
- lesatly likes this
- mametupa likes this
- misteress-cinder likes this
- stillhidden reblogged this from switchbladekiller and added:
- mycelebrityfantasy likes this
- switchbladekiller reblogged this from mametupa
- switchbladekiller likes this
- mametupa posted this