Playing with words, this time with ‘California’. Maxine mentions California King mattress, Pam’s flashback is in California (in 1905 SF) and then we have ‘Living Dead in Dallas’:
“Before you go—are there visitors this evening?” [Stan]
"Yes, one, from California." [Isabel]
"Where is he?"
"In the house."
"Has he been in this room?" Naturally, Stan would love the bug-planter to be a vamp or human he didn’t know.
A good five minutes later, Isabel returned with a tall blond vampire in tow. He must have been six foot four, or maybe even more. He was brawny, clean-shaven, and he had a mane of wheat-colored hair. I looked down at my feet immediately, just as I sensed Bill going immobile.
Isabel said, “This is Leif.”
"Leif," Stan said smoothly, "welcome to my nest. This evening we have a problem here."
I stared at my toes, wishing more than I’d ever wished anything that I could be completely alone with Bill for two minutes and find out what the hell was going on, because this vampire wasn’t any “Leif,” and he wasn’t from California. It was Eric.”
LDID Charlaine Harris
So is this foreshadowing, nod to the books, or just a nice coincidence? :D
- mametupa reblogged this from tbwillfuckwithurmind and added:
- homard-of-my-dreams likes this
- sweetcorina likes this
- tbwillfuckwithurmind reblogged this from switchbladekiller and added:
- the-rising-demonmistress-of-styx likes this
- switchbladekiller reblogged this from mametupa
- switchbladekiller likes this
- cantbelieveididthis reblogged this from pbt1
- cantbelieveididthis likes this
- iezalelensamhet likes this
- justwandering-neverlost reblogged this from pbt1
- justwandering-neverlost likes this
- pbt1 reblogged this from mametupa and added: